Assistant Front Office Manager
To efficiently organize, plan, direct and control the day to day operations of the Front Office department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain all pertinent information concerning the event such as size of the party, menu, and schedule of events, which is then entered onto a function sheet
- Regular review of all new bookings (receive from in-guests for the organisation of any function/ special event) to capture any last minute reservations which may not have been captured in the weekly report, and inform the Front Office Manager
- Coordination of general arrangements (e.g. location set-up) for any special events/ functions (e.g. weddings) organised at the hotel or outside the hotel premises, with all HOD’s concerned; and act as liaison between the hotel, the guests and any outside parties involved e.g. the professional photographer
- Personally greet client prior to the onset of the function and, if needed, is present throughout the function to assist. Periodically check with client to ensure satisfaction with the function and to respond to additional requests. Notifies client of departure when leaving event site
- Liaise with Executive Chef/ Senior F&B outlet Managers on “daily/ weekly special” available for promoting in the F&B outlets
- Assist immediate superior in ensuring that established/ agreed time parameters in service, are respected by all Guest Relations Officers and that service is professional, discreet and personalized at all times to all guests (internal- hotel family members, & external) and visitors.
- Ensures guests’/ visitors’ satisfaction at all times (done in liaison with other Head of Departments).
- To check and ensure that the monthly inventory control of all items of the Guest Relations Department is done on the respective day
- Coordinate with the Front Office Manager on day-to-day matters through incident logbook
- Act as a diplomat for the hotel at all times
- Participate actively in check-in and checkout procedures
- Maintain a good working relationship and ensure smooth communication between the Guest Relations Department, and other departments of the hotel
- Preparation and design of Guest Relations material, such as daily program for the information boards, and other circulars, photographic and graphic material
- To be present in the lobby during arrivals and departures so as to welcome and bid farewell to room guests/ visitors; to maximize level of guest/ visitor recognition, and to engender repeat and referral business
We believe in equal opportunities.
We celebrate diversity and champion equality and inclusion, encouraging people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and ages to apply. This unity is key to our work culture. We want to set every Family Member up for success, so if you need anything to perform to your best or make work arrangements more comfortable, we will do our best to accommodate you
This job offer expires on Thursday February 29th, 2024 at 11:29pm